Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Common are Unwanted Come Ons?


Illustration

From Cheechy:
It's more of an annoyance than any major thing. I was walking towards Catholic University the other morning, and as I was walking over the bridge that goes over the Metro tracks, a driver of the 80 Kennedy Center bus slowed the bus down, honked at me, and said "damn you're fine ... looking good sweetheart!" and drove off.

I would like to point out that I had a sweater and jeans on since it was still cool out.
The other day someone tweeted that they'd been hit on by a Red Line operator. The tweet has been deleted.

This seems like a recurring problem (here) among some Metro employees. Has it happened to you? How have you handled it?

Other items:
Passenger fatally shot in face on Metro bus (NBC4)
Dulles rail could run $150 million over budget (WaPo)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter